It wasn’t a fancy card. The front featured a simple flower bouquet, and the inside contained a handwritten note thanking me for helping her with a sewing project.
Given to me by a sweet teenager in my church, that little thank you card was so unexpected. I didn’t feel that what I had done was a big deal, but my friend appreciated it. When she took the time to say so, it made me feel special.
You see, even if we don’t do something in order to receive praise or recognition, a heartfelt thank you is an encouragement. It’s nice to feel recognized, and it feels even better when we can make someone else feel encouraged and appreciated, too. Saying thank you is so simple, but profound and meaningful, too.
God loves a grateful heart, and He included many Bible verses for thank you cards in Scripture. He gives us the words we need to show someone how thankful we are for them.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
How Do You Express a Heartfelt Thank You?
“Thank you” is a bit of a forgotten phrase in the hustling and bustling society we live in. Maybe that makes it more important than ever for us to say it.
People notice when a person takes the time to express gratitude. We know the Bible story of the ten lepers who were healed by Jesus, but only one took the time to come back to thank Him. In addition to healing, he also received forgiveness for his sins.
While using a verbal thank you is wonderful, sometimes we really want to go the extra mile and show our appreciation for someone’s kindness. In that case, taking the time to write a thank you note that includes one of many Bible verses for thank you cards, is the perfect way to express thankfulness from the heart.
What is a Good Bible Verse to Put on a Thank You Card?
The Bible is full of beautiful thank-you appreciation verses that you can write inside a blank notecard. Or you may choose to go all out and create a gorgeous handmade card from scratch. Whether your thank you note is simple or complex, it’s the thought that counts, and the receiver is sure to be blessed!
There are many Bible stories about gratitude, where we see God’s people thanking Him for things He has done. But when you want to show thanks to a friend, you don’t have to include a long passage. All you need is a short thank you verse to say what you mean from your heart.
You might like to choose one from the list of Bible verses for thank you cards listed here.
Bible Verses for Thank You Cards
When you’re ready to tell a friend or someone special just how grateful you are, you can use this list of simple Bible verses for thank you cards. They are perfect for making someone feel loved and appreciated for all they’ve done for you–or just for being a really great friend!
Thank You Verses for a Friend
Friends are such special gifts from God, and sometimes you just want to let one of your pals know what she means to you. These verses will help you show her how thankful you are for her.
- Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.”
Have you ever had a friend who is just there for you? These kinds of friends can be hard to find, so if you have one, you definitely have something to be thankful for! This is a wonderful verse to share with a friend who is really special to you.
- Numbers 6:24-26 “The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.”
- Ephesians 1:15-17 “Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:”
- Colossians 1:3 “We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,”
- 2 Timothy 1:3 “I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day.”
Thank You Verses for Kindness
There are times in life when someone does something for you that touches your heart in a special way. In those times, a simple “thanks” is not enough to cover how thankful you are.
These Bible verses are amazing examples of heartfelt gratitude from one person to another and are the perfect choice for a thank-you note.
- Ruth 2:12 “The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.”
These beautiful words were spoken to Ruth by Boaz as he asked the Lord to repay her for her kindness. Isn’t that what we all wish for a friend or neighbor who blesses us?
- 1 Corinthians 1:3-5 “Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; that in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;”
- 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 “We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;”
- 2 Samuel 2:6 “And now the LORD shew kindness and truth unto you: and I also will requite you this kindness, because ye have done this thing.”
- Zephaniah 3:17 “The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.”
Bible Verses to Say Thank You for a Gift
The Bible tells us that “every good gift and perfect gift is from above.” (James 1:17). But when He uses someone else to bless you with a gift, a Bible verse for thank you notes can show your gratitude in a meaningful way.
These creative Scriptures are perfect to include in a thank you card or short note.
- 2 Corinthians 9:11-12, 15 “Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God; Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.”
- Ruth 1:8 “…the LORD deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt… with me.”
- 1 Thessalonians 3:9 “For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God;”
When you really want to say thank you in a meaningful way, any of these Bible verses for thank you cards will help. Just a short Bible verse can warm a friend’s heart, and change her day.
We often remember to say “thank you” for big things, but showing gratitude for small things is a wonderful way to encourage a friend. Adding a thank you Bible verse to a card helps us share Christ’s love in one small way.
About the Author – Lyndsie Sutle
Lyndsie is a child of God, wife, and mom to two boys whose names both start with J. When she’s not trying to control the chaos, you’ll find her writing hope-filled, encouraging, and entertaining bits at Not Just a Stay-at-Home Mom.