Do you know what’s waiting for you in Heaven? God has graciously given us many Bible verses about Heaven, and they paint a beautiful picture for those of us who will one day enter Heaven.
We will be with our loving Abba, Father, forever! And we’ll be free from sin and sorrow and death. There will always be complete peace and overflowing joy in our hearts, because there will never again be pain or suffering or tears.
Or, another of my favorite thoughts…no more parting. No more saying “Good-bye”! What an exciting truth!
Be sure to keep reading to the end to download the images of Bible verses about Heaven that you can use for scripture memory cards or to share with others on social media! And as an extra bonus…5 phone lock screens!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Living life in anticipation of heaven – keeping an eternal perspective – is how we can continue to live well here on earth. God calls us to live in such a way that our hearts are fixed on Heaven, and then He promises to reward us for it.
Jesus greatly encourages us with this precious promise…
- Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
- In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3
The Bible is full of verses that promise heaven after death for those who trust in Jesus to take them there. Knowing what’s awaiting those of us who believe on Jesus as Saviour has a powerful impact on how we live today. It means that our lives matter because they’re not just leading to oblivion, but to an eternal home with God.
Here are 40 Bible verses about heaven. Let them fill you with joy and determination to live all-out for God here and now! For “soon and very soon, we are going to see the King!”
Bible Verses About Heaven
God tells us that we can only imagine what heaven will be like.
- But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
And our imagination will fall way short of the reality of its glory. And of the glory of our God! Yet, God has provided many clues and descriptions of what Heaven and our eternal life with Him will look like. The most detailed description of Heaven is found in the Book of Revelation.
Description of Heaven in Revelation
The Bible gives us John’s vision of Heaven in the book of Revelation. John describes Heaven as a beautiful place that is holy, with no imperfections of any kind. The book of Revelation says,
- And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Revelation 21:27
Bible Verses About Heaven as a Place of Great Beauty
From what the Bible says about Heaven, our eternal home, we know that it will be an wonderfully beautiful place. We will walk on streets of gold! And surrounded by the light and glory of our Saviour, the Lamb of God!
The book of Revelation says,
- And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven. Revelation 21:1-2
- And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
- And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
- Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
- And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
- On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
- And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
- And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
- And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
- And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
- And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. Revelation 21:9-18
- And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
- The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
- And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
- And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
- And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
- And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
- And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
- And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
- And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Revelation 21:19-27
Enjoy these phone lock screens as our thank you for visiting today! Read to the end for the link to download.
Bible Verses About Heaven as a Place of Peace and Security
The Bible says that Heaven will be a secure place where there is no danger or threat to our safety. Heaven will be a place of great joy. And how can it not be, for God is there!
- And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:3
The book of Revelation goes even further to say that Heaven will be a place free from all sorrow and pain.
Revelation 21:4 tells us,
- And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And wonder of wonders, when this life ends, we will be invited in! To dwell with our God…forever!
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17
Oh my! What a day that will be! (hymn by Jim Hill, 1955)
Bible Verses About the Physical Things in Heaven
The Bible says that there will be physical things in heaven such as a new Earth that is free from any imperfections. (Revelation 21:1-2)
The Bible says that we will have bodies in Heaven.
2 Corinthians 5:1 says,
- For we know that if our earthly house of [this] tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
And these bodies will be perfect, whole, like unto Christ’s own glorified body!
- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Philippians 3:21
Our heavenly bodies will be like Jesus’ body that the apostles and disciples saw and touched after His resurrection.
There will be clothes for us in Heaven, as well!
- After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; – Revelation 7:9
There is a river, and trees with fruit, a street, and God’s throne.
- And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. Revelation 22:1
- In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
- And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
- And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
- And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:2-5
And, of course, there are two books.
- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Revelation 20:12
Bible Verses About Who Will Be in Heaven
The Bible says that there will be saints (us!) in heaven.
- After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
- And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. Revelation 7:9-10
Heaven will be filled with a great multitude of those people who have been redeemed by Christ…whose names are in the Book of Life.
The Bible says that there is also an “innumerable company of angels” in heaven.
- But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, – Hebrews 12:22
And we will all serve God together. How amazing to think of serving God in Heaven together with the angels of God!
Isn’t it such a comforting thought to know that we will live forever with our loving Savior and His people in a place that is free from sin, perfect in every way, and where the fire of God’s love melts away all our sorrows?
Are you ready? Will Heaven be your forever home?
Then live every day in love and service to God and others, praising Him for His wonderful promise of Heaven to come! And keep…
Drawing nigh to Him,
Don’t forget to download the Bible verse images about Heaven to share with others!
And here is the link to download the Bible verse phone lock screens!
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT
What do you think Heaven will be like? How has knowing about Heaven and about Jesus made your life better? Jot down some thoughts and leave a reply below!